quip of the day

we were walking along the beach when gau noticed the moon and exclaimed the moon was walking along with him just like in the Harold and the purple crayon book.
I asked him why, the moon is friendly with me he mused.
Then he asked why the moon doesn't hug and kiss him if it loves him. I thought a while and replied I don't know but asked him for his thoughts. He decided the moon didn't have eyes or hands so it couldn't hug and kiss him.
I now wanted to know how the moon could be friendly with him if it didn't have eyes. he didn't deign to reply.

I am still wondering why he said eyes and not mouth.

Comments

Kay said…
That was funny! We all have some kinda moon stories. don't we? :)

I remember my friend asking her dad, when she was a kid, 'enpa, nila namma koodave varudhu?'

Thanks for the info on the org. farmer and details.. I come from Salem, so any details about org. farming in yercaud would be even more helpful... thanks again!

I have a question - Are you paying NRI fee for Gautam bcos he's an american citizen? I remember reading that you were asked for such fee in one school, I'm wondering if all schools demand that..
Anonymous said…
Sigh! That was touching ...
Anonymous said…
That was nice.
Coming to the moon stories,I remember my daughter thoumu asking why moon is having different colours.the other day when we went to the beach we saw a red moon rising,she was telling it becomes yellow when it sets.I don't know.
She also thinks moon plays hide and seek with the clouds,it gives cloud a nice out line,so that you can spy where he is hiding it seems.
It seems moon makes leaf coloured silver in the night.On chitariai Pournami, my daugter was thrilled it was a day dedicated to Chitra aunty her favourite teacher in the school

Popular posts from this blog

Kombucha in Chennai!

The lunch box challenge a.k.a. please gautham's palette

A Sweet Tart with Chocolate and Pomegranete