a few long pending quips

Between summer vacations and a sudden whim to try to get into a good school and may be do my PhD in Biotechnology, I have had nary a minute to update my blog with the zillion views my son has to share.
I frequently whine about my pear shape body. My son stuck a baby coconut to the pointed nail end of a old-fashioned wooden top and declared he has made a fat doll just like me!
This ungracious comment was all my doing (and a little my husband's). At 5'4" and 120 lb, I am not overweight, just a little plump. You know how we women always worry about our owning aging, expanding figures while struggling to give our daughters a positive body image? I just realised that solved only a quarter of the problem; The unseen is in 3 parts, giving our sons a positive body image and ensuring both boys and girls see everyone in a uncritical light!

We had gone to Pondy to see my parents. Gau loves all the songs in Ghajini and hence the actor Surya. He would watch the songs from the movie 2 - 3 times everyday he was in Pondy. This is a conversation between my dad and gau.
Gau: Who is your favourite actor?
Dad: Sivaji.
Gau: Oh. Mine is Surya. DO you have any Sivaji DVD?
Dad: Yes. Many.
Gau: Well, watch them after I leave for Chennai.
My amused and piqued dad insisted on alternating Ghajini DVD with some Sivaji songs after that :)

I am also immensely proud of his rather fair nature. I had promised his playmate a lollipop when I took him away from his games to do some essential shopping. She wasn't home when we returned and Gautham ate his share. The next day morning I asked him to go to her house to deliver her lollipop. He gave her her lollipop and returned without a murmer! I had been concerned he would demand another one for himself and insist on another visit to the store in 40 degree weather!

My 2 year old nephew looked at 18 year old Tennis star Sania Mirza's photo in the newspaper and called her P Chitti (meaning me). All aglow with the compliment I reported it to my husband. Gautham looked at the photo in question and declared "No. She looks like R chitti. She has buckteeth just like her".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kombucha in Chennai!

The lunch box challenge a.k.a. please gautham's palette

A Sweet Tart with Chocolate and Pomegranete