As time goes on...

There is nothing funnier or more touching than the saga of Gau's friendship with my neighbour's son.

Sid is 7 years old, very tall for his age and a total brat (in the nicest sense). Gau is 5 year old pretending to be on par with sid in height, weight, physical capabilities and (Ahem!) wisdom . Together they are like a lot of old married couples - can't stay apart from each other, but will fight every other minute they are together! They get into some fantastic scrapes and manage to cover the gamut of human drama better than any 10 year long soap opera!

Recently sid had the flu. Both were given strict instructions to avoid each other for 2 days atleast. Gau sobbed his heart out. I didnt get to see S. reaction, but that night he slipped a letter under our door.

The handwritten letter without any help from any one said:
"I am sick. I cant play with you until Tuesday or thursday. You must stay For (he must have meant far ;) from me but not too Far"

Gau was asleep by the time the note arrived and he glanced at it sleepily the next morning and asked me to read it to him - just being his usual imperial self. He didnt show the mixture of affection and amusement I had shown at on reading the note.

That evening he deceided to go to play with Sid. I protested. He declared "I will stay 8 squares away from him p. Far away but not too far, just like he said in his note "

I guess he is the strong non-silent type ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kombucha in Chennai!

The lunch box challenge a.k.a. please gautham's palette

A Sweet Tart with Chocolate and Pomegranete