Pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner

My Son won the third price in one of his sporting events, I told him just the joy of winning should suffice but offered to pack lunch of his choice for a whole week.  Predictably, first choice was pizza. I ditched my Peter Reinhardt recipe via 101cookbooks for a 5 minute Artisan bread recipe.   I just made it a tad healthier with 40% whole wheat flour and used fresh yeast.

I put out the dough as soon as I woke up today and got started on the quickest sauce possible, again from Heidi's 101 cook books. I unfortunately had to leave out the lemon zest, no lemon, no lime and no sweet lime :(

The dough was a tad too tacky and I had to dust with quite a bit of APF to get it to a point where I could roll it.  I started rolling the dough, it was resisting, so I left it alone  I went ahead and chopped onions, tomatoes, capsicums and olives for the pizza.   I fried the vegetables (except tomato, olives) in a tsp of oil until softened.  By now the dough was quite co-operative.  I rolled it into a 9" circle.  The best thing about this pizza, is unlike the Papa John's and Pizza Huts, it stays soft even when it is cold!  Those others?  They feel like leather!

Pizza Dough

1 tbspoon fresh yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 cup lukewarm water
1 tbspoon olive oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 cups maida (APF)

Dissolve sugar in water and add the yeast.
As the yeast turns foamy add the rest of the ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon.
Rest covered but not airtight for about 2 hours (I did 1.5 hrs here in warm humid chennai)
Move to fridge overnight

1/4th of this dough is sufficient for a 9" pizza

Tomato Sauce
4 garlic pods chopped fine
1 onion chopped fine
6 tomatoes diced Roma variety not the country not the heirloom not the cherry
2 tbspoon olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried basil
salt

Mix everything together in a cold pan, then cook at medium-high heat for a few seconds. Lower heat, Cook covered until tomato is saucy.

Saute a couple of sliced onions and capscums in a tsp of oil.

Transfer rolled dough onto a oiled plate.  Spread some olive oil, the sauce, arrange 1/4th of the vegetables and then grate a generous amount of cheese (nothing fancy, just Regular Amul Processed Cheese) on the base.

bake at 220 deg C for 15 min.

Ta da!
Gau ate 2 pizzas today,  a slice for breakfast, 1 pizza for lunch and 3/4th for dinner :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kombucha in Chennai!

The lunch box challenge a.k.a. please gautham's palette

A Sweet Tart with Chocolate and Pomegranete