Eggless "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" chocolate cake

I am a engineer. Working on my Phd to boot.

Still, I have not posted my last 3 creations to Gayathri's  eggless breaking group because I didn't know how to transfer photos from my brand new iPhone to my blog without posting to g+!

Sad isn't it?

I made this cake with 1 tin of Amul Milkmaid - part of my buy Indian ethos  and I am mad at Nestle for some long forgotten reason (GMO in baby food?) - and just 100 g of butter.  I always taste my batter and tasting eggless batter is totally risk free , I felt the cake was a tad dry so I ground up some coconut and almonds and added it to the batter.  I threw in a handful of chocolate chips for good measure and Voila!
 I use besan or ground popped bengal gram in all my baking of late, trying to up the protein factor.
And I have started using rectangular trays of late, the height of the final cake may be lower, but so is the individual portion size.

1 Tin Amul Condensed Milk
100 g butter softened
1/2 cup homemade yogurt
1/2 cup cocoa (the recipe calls for 3/4th cup, I had only half and I always add chocolate chips to any baking to tempt my son)
1 cup roti ka atta  (preferably homeground organic)
1/2 cup maida
1/2 cup besan
1 tsp baking powder

 1/2 cup chocolate chips or as much as you want

Grind to a coarse paste:
1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
1/2 cup nuts 

Preheat oven 175 deg C, butter a 9 by 5 inch pan
Sieve the flours and cocoa and baking powder together
Beat the condensed milk, yogurt and butter until uniformly mixed
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix gently.
Add the ground mix and the chocolate chips and fold it in.
Pour into prepared pan.

Bake 30-40 minutes

February Eggless Baking Challenge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kombucha in Chennai!

The lunch box challenge a.k.a. please gautham's palette

A Sweet Tart with Chocolate and Pomegranete